What do you specialize in?
We specialize in four key areas: townhouse designs, duplex designs, dual occupancy and multi-unit plans. If you are looking to maximum the potential for development of your property or looking for more opportunities in your area, we can help. Our goals are simple: to give you a functional, practical design that you’ll feel good about investing in. We’re all about maximizing space and efficiency of the structure & layout of the design without leaving behind aesthetics.
What are building designers and their importance?
Great question! A building designer is a person who designs buildings (or parts of buildings). Since the design is the single most important element in creating a new building, whether it be a residential or non-residential building, we place incredible emphasis in only offering you the best building design service. Building Design is a complex task that is best entrusted to a professional. It is not simply a matter of ‘drawing a set of plans’. Every building project is unique and has its own complexities. It is the task of the Building Designer to understand the complexities, and maximize the possibilities of the site.
Building Designers are required to be registered with the Building Practitioners Board, in accordance with the Victorian Building Act 1993. Part of the registration requirement is to have in place professional indemnity insurance to the minimum amount of $1million. All building designers are registered under the category of Draftsperson, Class of Building Design (Architectural). Further information about the registration process is available at www.buildingcommission.com.au
In accordance with the Building Act, registered building practitioners are required to adhere to certain professional standards, including performing their work in a competent manner, and to a professional standard.
Building design requirements can be varied and extensive or, in some cases, quite straightforward, and we are enthused to work towards making your project a reality.
What is the RNB Design Solutions process?
All the following services can be offered as part of your design service and will be included in the written Engagement Agreement under the scope of works as selected by the client.
- We first communicate and interpret your brief to be able to prepare and develop a sketch plan for your consideration.
- Once we have received your approval, the building designer prepares detailed architectural drawings and documentation, showing internal and external layouts of the building.
- We then analyse the design, and prepare preliminary sketches and detailed instructions.
- We prepare working drawings showing; plans, elevations, sections, materials and finishes, as well as other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping.
- The building specifications for building plans for the project are then prepared.
- Liaises with relevant consultants (engineers, building surveyors, planning professionals etc) is conducted to ensure all aspects required for the project are adequately addressed.
- We examine relevant codes and local council bylaws in the course of undertaking project documentation.
What are the services not included?
- Calculation of the quantity and quality of materials required for the projects, as well as material and labour costs and project completion dates.
- Visits to building sites to make sure that the plans and specifications for that project are being followed.
- Liaise with quantity surveyors to ensure all aspects required for the project are adequately addressed.
What is our mission?
At RNB Design Solutions, we see things from your point of view and we have put many years of practical design experience into taking and shaping your brief to a final concept.
We strive to provide value for your money, and this is our key objective to meet your requirements.
Here at RNB Design Solutions, we can produce designs for your residential or commercial project from a brief or a sketch you have prepared, or an idea you have in mind. So you really can make that dream a reality with no extra work to do yourself.
What are the stages of potential services offered and the overall design process?
To enable a clearer understanding of the various services offered and processes followed, we have created the following summary to identify the relevant scope of works that can be undertaken by RNB Design Solutions.
Preliminary Design Consultation
Site Feature Survey (this is not a Licensed Survey)
Detailed Site Measures and Preparation of Existing Conditions Plan
Preliminary Design Development
Planning Application Drawings
Planning Submissions to Council and Carrying Out Required Advertising
Internal Details – Amenities/Wet Areas
Building Thermal Performance Assessments
Project Specification and Schedule of Finishes
Lodge Building Permits and Liaise with Building Surveyors
Engagement of Consultants
Assessment of Compliance Reports
Why do you place emphasis on energy efficient buildings?
With many Australians now becoming more environmentally aware, good design now goes arm-in-arm with environmentally friendly design. There are a vast array of innovative ‘green’ products now available that can assist to reduce your project’s environmental ‘footprint’ and to minimize the running costs of your project, and many building designers can provide advice about such ‘green’ products to ensure your project is energy efficient, resulting in a healthy living or working environment.
Why should I use your services?
At RNB Design Solutions, we continually upgrade our skills and knowledge by participation in the BDAV’s structured Continuing Professional Development Program. By virtue of being a member of the Building Designers Association of Victoria, RNB Design Solutions demonstrates a genuine desire to further the interests of the design sector, and to actively contribute to the well being of the design profession, both in terms of its status and credibility, particularly in the eyes of consumers.
We are experienced experts! At RNB Design Solutions, we are professionals who offer a broad range of experience and expertise to meet your needs. We have state-of-the-art tools at our disposal to assist you to visualize your concept. We use computer-aided-design (CAD) software & 3D software that can assist in the visualization process.
We also offer practical, individual or traditional designs to suit your specific needs. Our skills cover residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects including apartments, unit developments, medium-density, restoration, renovation or extension work.
Certainly, we have the expertise, knowledge and experience to complete your project well beyond your expectations. and some of the other advantages you will receive from RNB Design Solutions includes;
- Preliminary Design Services and Preparation of Brief
- Site Analysis Services
- Preliminary Design Development
- Planning Applications and Submissions
- Town Planning Permit Applications
- Design Development and Working Drawings
- Updated Knowledge of Industry Issues, Trends, and Regulations
- Realistic Fees
- RNB Design Solutions fees are realistic, and are tailored to meet your budget.
(Professional Services depend upon your specific needs)
What products shall I receive as parts of RNB Design Solutions service?
- Complimentary 3d representations of your proposed project @ concept / sketch stage
- Floor Plans & Elevations showing proposed building forms
- Town Planning Stage: (if required as part of your project)
- Site Context plan or Site plan
- Floor Plan Showing relevant information required for submission to relevant authority
- 3d presentations
- Site Plan
- Floor Plan
- 3d presentation images
- Any further information that may be required as part of your building permit application
- CD with all design PDF’s, Consultants works & files regarding your project & property
- Folio Containing all the above listed works for easy storage use & transportation.